Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Junk Drunk

I have a craving...  I need to do some junking.  I have some things on my list.  The perfect gate has not been found along with the perfect bench.  I also feel as though I need to add some other orphans to my life.  I have my eye on some items at my mom and dad's.  I might just sneak over and raid their trees and garages.  I also have noticed lots of auctions coming up this weekend.  O and Eric has kicked me out of the house.  Saturday anyway ;) .  I think if your going to get kicked out you should be able to go do something enjoyable.  Right?  Maybe 5 years ago I would be off to the bar for the night and really tie one on but I just don't feel like that is what I want to do.  hmmm... anyone ever been on an all night junk fest!  I did get my new camera a couple weeks ago and I am still in point & shoot mode.  I have not taken camera college 101 (big book that came with my camera) nor have I looked at the CD that came with it.  Too Busy!  Anyway here is some of the things that I love that may otherwise be called "junk" 

This is my screen door that I conned my mom into letting me have.  I believe it came off of my grandma's house.  In Bartlett I think.  1st I thought it was from Raeville but I think she told me it was Bartlett. 
I just LOVE it and it takes on many faces throughout the year.  Here's it's Spring Do!



Here is my cabinet that I picked up at an auction in Neligh.  I had my eye on one of these for quite sometime and watched many go at auctions until finally I got my hands on one.  And it's perfect!  I guess good things come to those who wait.


And my beloved TV stand and Coffee Table.  I sat at an auction in O'Neill all day just to get my hands on these.  I think the auctioneer thought I was off my meds or something wandering around amelessly waiting for those tables to sell and of course they were like the last thing to sell.  In their original form they were covered in some lovely 70's contact paper but I knew they were beautiful under that old crap.  And the auctioneer now knows a crazy redhead who sits around all day to buy 70's contact paper covered heavy as shit tables.  If he only knew.  Silly Man!


Never mind the mess... Easter was rough on this poor guy ;)
I now have a shed full of windows that I LOVE but haven't been inspired enough to put them to work for me yet.  I guess word got out, "Anney really likes those old windows!"

This was a ceiling tile that my mom purchased when her old elementary school got tore down.  I wish I would've been a little older when this auction took place I am sure I would've found lots of treasures.
Yep, another auction find and something I stole from mom.  She is my favorite store!  I believe the iron struction and the shelf are auction goodies, the berries and the candle were garage sales and the lantern is from mom's.  Hobby Lobby had these adorable rabbits I just couldn't resist them a few years back. 




And now that spring has sprung and my yard looks wide open and green I NEED to get some junk out there to fill it up just like my house!  I am aware that Easter is now over and the Stars and Stripes are on their way... Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Very awesome stuff! I think we have so much of the same taste. If you are ever in Kearney, there is a new little antique store that opened called Home Thyme. They have so much stuff and actually make it affordable for people to buy. And they are the nicest couple. They are probably in their early 30's. I swore the door was from Raeville, I remember visiting your grandma when I went to school. And I have the same ceiling tile from Raeville school. If you ever need an auction partner - I have never been. I have no patience or time. But think you can come up with some serious "junk". I am sure Andrea would be on board for a junking adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi: I share your plan with the chicken coop. I have been looking for some sort of shed structure for about 3yrs now. My 1st plan was to call it a Margarita Shed but now it maybe be a Metamucil shed b/c I think I may be 85 before I find it! However, Eric is on board with the idea (lucky me). Last December we took to the streets in Kearney and had a blast. There are a ton of shops. I liked the "Refind" and there was another just next door I believe that was antiquey. I could've loaded up everything in that store. I just LOVED it! It had the neatest windows and doors and table ugh just everything was so NEAT! I think they even had a old School Zone sign that I thought about putting in my office. GOD I need to get somewhere and buy some stuff FAST~!

    ReplyDelete