Friday, April 8, 2011

The Master Plan

I must say I have a serious case of Spring Fever.  I have big plans for my yard and most of it includes some serious manual labor.  I wonder if I will ever learn to just let things be?  It seems I always have this big master plan and then it changes and changes and changes yet again.  I guess changes are good and goals certainly are so I will just keep plugging away and work on the master plan.  If you question what I mean by changing, here is an example:  We have lived at our house in town for three years now and I have moved the garden three times.  Hopefully, the next move will be permanent and I like it!  I plan to create a triangle garden in the back corner of our yard and surround it with white lattice and a trellis and the perfect iron gate (yet to be found)  inside I will split the garden into sections with a path splitting the middle.  My perfect little garden will have tomatoes and peppers on the south side and cucumbers and pumpkins on the north side and in the back corner in line with the "perfect iron gate" I will have a the "perfect bench" (also yet to be found) under the mulberry tree that is going to have to be included in the garden due to its location.  That is phase I.  Then phase II is to plant some black berry bushes on the front side of the fence.  We always had backberries while growing up so I feel I need to have them for my children to grow up! 

Also, I have the "perfect cast iron tub" that is going to house a little strawberry patch.  I will call it The Tub O'Berries.  Now you see I have some serious work ahead of me.  HELP!  And did I mention I don't like to pull weeds...  I have a new camera set to arrive soon so I will hopefully be able to get some "as I go" shots.  hmm. shots sound good and make me think of more yummy frozen treats.  Maybe that is why I am so obsessed with the berries!  I am thinking some strawberry margarita's sound delightful!  For now I will just sit here and dream up more ideas for my "master plan".


No comments:

Post a Comment